1 Peter 3:15 (NKJV)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear...



The owner of a wordpress blog that I stumbled upon poses that question, 'Does GOD Love Everybody?', and supposes to answer it by focusing on the early history of the Israeli people. He begins by examining the stories of the Hebrews once they had been freed from slavery and attempted to claim the land GOD had promised them. He questions the murders committed by the Hebrews against those around them. I don't dare try to defend or explain that, it is GOD's business after all. And I have yet to know a world without wars and conflict. I have yet to know a world without people who vehemently despise and hate GOD, who could care less if HE exists or not. Do such people deserve to die? I would never utter such words as I myself could face similar judgement. But if GOD rejects you, then that is it. Who are we to question HIM. But if HE has chosen you and you then reject him...good luck (though I'm not saying all will be lost).

But back to the question - does GOD love everybody?

Where in the Holy Bible does it say GOD loves everybody? Where does it say GOD loves unconditionally? Because it says 'FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD?' are we to suppose that means everyone and everything walking upon it? You ever consider that it means, GOD loves HIS creation, so HE threw them a rope? Remember, the rest of it says, THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM (JESUS) SHOULD HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. GOD's love is deep and unending, sure. But it is not unconditional.

GOD loves HIS creation, but many of us could care less about HIM. It says quite plainly in the HOLY BIBLE, GOD will reject those who reject HIM. Are we to suppose that Lucifer (aka Satan) is loved by GOD? Don't be foolish.

Before I give you my response to the blogger's post, here is a verse for you to ponder. It's in the Holy Bible found in Malachi 1 (NKJV):
2 “I have loved you,” says the LORD. “ Yet you say, ‘In what way have You loved us?' Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?” Says the LORD. “Yet Jacob I have loved;
3 But Esau I have hated
, And laid waste his mountains and his heritage For the jackals of the wilderness.” (If you want to know why GOD hated Esau, read Genesis).

Anyway, here is my response to that particular blogger's question. And I am not posting a link to his Web site because I do not promote ignorance of GOD and HIS Holy Word. You can find those lies pretty easily by yourself.

My friend. You are totally free to believe what you believe, just make sure you’re not embracing lies.

GOD does love the world… that is HIS creation. But that doesn’t mean it is unconditional. Show me in the Holy Bible where it says GOD loves unconditionally.

Have you not read that HE will reject those who reject HIM? As it says in Matthew 7 (NKJV):
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

And how about Matthew 10 (NKJV):
32 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

And take note of what else Jesus the Christ said about our Father's love for us in John 16:26-28 (NKJV):
26 In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you;
27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.
28 I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”

Please take special note of that, as it is the conditional promise in John 3:16 that everyone seems to forget about. GOD loves us and will save us IF we believe that HIS unique son Jesus is the Christ HE sent into the world to give us eternal life. You have to believe to receive, my friends. You can't hang around GOD forever if you secretly hate HIM and if you hate HIM, you reject HIM and if you reject HIM, you reject HIS son Jesus the Christ.

Numbers 14 (NKJV):
26 And the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying,
27 “How long shall I bear with this evil congregation who complain against Me? I have heard the complaints which the children of Israel make against Me.
28 Say to them, ‘As I live,’ says the LORD, ‘just as you have spoken in My hearing, so I will do to you:
29 The carcasses of you who have complained against Me shall fall in this wilderness, all of you who were numbered, according to your entire number, from twenty years old and above.

Many of us know full well about HIM, but for our own particular reasons, we reject HIM. Does that mean HE now hates us? I don’t think so, my friends. And I am sure we are still welcomed at HIS table. But we have known HIM and have turned our backs to HIM. So perhaps HE has now turned HIS back to us (or covers HIS ears when we attempt to speak to HIM, or closes HIS eyes to us)… that doesn’t mean HE has forgotten about us, as we have surely not completely wiped HIM from our own minds.

GOD loved David, but punished him for his sins. GOD loved Moses and even took his body so that Satan could not gain possession of it (read Jude 1, specifically verse 9). But GOD would not allow Moses to see the promised land…the same Moses HE chose to lead the Hebrews from captivity and had wandering around the desert for decades… GOD forbade him from stepping onto the land (HE let him see it from afar, however), because Moses himself had disappointed GOD. Read it in Deut. 32:48.

GOD IS LOVE. GOD loves you. GOD love me. GOD loves the sinner, but hates the sin. GOD doesn't just love Christians alone. How could that be if none of us are born Christians? We were all born sinners. Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Just remember, the gift doesn't sit on the table forever...you must grasp it while you can.

Ephesians 2 (NKJV):
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ
(by grace you have been saved)...

But GOD will not be mocked or made common. HE will rebuke those and punish and discipline those whom HE loves. No Christian expects that all will be well in their life… that them or their loved ones will not see death, oppression or illness. That is the world. If a so-called Christian believes that life will be made perfect for them and that all the pieces will fall into place once they turn their life over to Jesus the Christ, then they are still very much in darkness. Jesus did not die upon the cross and conquer death so that we could be healthy and wealthy all our days upon the earth… it was so we can have salvation…a perfect life after death.

Get it out of your head that GOD is some kind of puppet or statue in a church confined by walls or your wishes or will or actions. GOD is bound by no man or anything at all. HE will not bend for you. You must bend for HIM. If you are unwilling to do that, then I suppose you are lost. There is no compromise. HIS Way or the very broad high way that leads only to one place...eternal damnation.

And do yourself a favor the next time someone dares tell you that GOD loves unconditionally - ask them about Jacob and Esau.

I leave you with some words from 2 Peter 3:
1 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder),
2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior,
3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts,
4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”
5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,
6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

-Theist @ http://goodbible.blogspot.com


3 comments:

I like what you have to say. I would still say that God's love is unconditional. Those that reject God, reject themselves from the Kingdom, its got nothing to do with God.

February 27, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

I generally like what you have to say. God's love is still unconditional though. Those who reject God reject themselves from the Kingdom, its kind of automatic, and even God can't do anything about it. Just like in the beginning - Mankind fell or left the Garden, they were not evicted. I suppose its all a matter of perspective in the end, which is of course what life is for each and every one of us.

February 27, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

I can accept what you say, although I don't agree with "Mankind fell or left the Garden, they were not evicted." But whether we agree or not on whether mankind voluntarily left or were sent away from the Garden of Eden doesn't affect our salvation, so I guess we agree to disagree.

Thanks for stopping by and offering your input.

February 28, 2008 at 12:05 PM